KSA trip news

Hello football family. Many of you have already seen the letter Coach Thenell sent to the boys yesterday. There is a link to below if you need a copy.

In light of the CCSD fall travel restrictions, our planned trip to Florida in September 2020 has been cancelled and rescheduled for 2021. We have a contract with Ralston Valley for the 2020 and 2021 seasons. Both teams agreed to travel and play out-of-state in fall of 2020, and then play each other instate fall of 2021. SHHS and Ralston have flipped the script, and will play in the fall of 2020, and then travel out-of-state 2021.

The SHTDC and the Coaching staff are working with KSA to figure out how to deal with the many issues this creates. For example; What about players graduating in 2020? What if my son doesn’t play in 2021? What will refunds look like? What about fund raising efforts? Etc.

Right now all we can offer is that we do not have all the information yet. Boosters and KSA will be talking early next week to get those details figured as quickly as we can. 90% of the decisions we have to make require input from KSA and we cannot move forward until we connect with them.

We are asking parents to hold off until next week to start asking questions. We want to make sure every one gets the same information, and that we are all on the same page.

If you receive an upcoming payment reminder email from KSA, you can set it aside for right now.

We appreciate your understanding while we wait to get all the information gathered up. We’ll let you know a status as things progress. It may take through the end of next week, or in to the week of the 18th before we have all of this figured out.

Please continue to stay safe and diligent during the Safer-at-Home phase of this odyssey! Remember to check the CCSD, CO State and CDC web sites for further information on the pandemic.

Letter from Coach Thenell